So Much Glitter…So Little Time LOL 😉
More To Come…..So Stay Tuned 🙂
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Another Valentine’s Day is among us again. Here a simple step by step project that you can use to create a one of a kind handmade gift that can be made in less that an hour.
To Make a Valentines Pickannini:
- (1) Black Felt Square
- A Scrap of Pink & Red Felt
- (1) pair of small doll eyes
- Embroidery Thread
- A Handfull of Stuffing
- Trim Scraps
1. Cut a gingerbread man figure out of a doubled square of black felt.
2. Sew the two right sides together, leaving an opening between the legs and turn inside
3. Insert and secure doll eyes.
4. Stuff with batting.
5. Cut out a mouth & heart out of some scrap felt.
6. Pin cutouts to the body of the doll
7. Adhere trim and/or embellishment to head of doll.
8. Topstich with embroidery thread
…Then find your Pickannini a good home by giving your creation to someone that you Love! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
© Adah Glenn
I have recently discovered the exotic beauty & taste of browned butter! I could go on & on about how I am gonna be browning butter to extract all those nutty aromatic flavor for all of my cooking, not just limited to baking.
Browned Butter Coffee Cake
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 3 cups of flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups of yogurt
- Browned Butter Icing
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat until it is brown & fragrant. Cool
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl add pecans, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the browned butter. Mix together until crumbly; set aside
- Comine the dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining butter and brown sugar until fluffy; adding eggs one @ a time.
- Stir in vanillla. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to butter mixture.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased tube pan, sprinkle filling and then pour the reamining batter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for an hour or until done.
Browned Butter Icing:
Mix the 2 tablespoons of reserved browned butter, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cooled coffee in a small bowl and stir until smooth enough to drizzle.
It’s delicious served warm. I know your family & friends will love it as much as mine did! 😀 Enjoy
© Adah Glenn