Shop The Link below 👇🏾
This is my first attempt at block printing on fabric and first attempt at gradients. I dyed some scarves a while back and finally got around to printing. Even though I currently suck at it, I find the process intriguing. #handprinted#textiles#blockprinted#handcarvedstamps
Another Valentine’s Day is among us again. Here a simple step by step project that you can use to create a one of a kind handmade gift that can be made in less that an hour.
To Make a Valentines Pickannini:
- (1) Black Felt Square
- A Scrap of Pink & Red Felt
- (1) pair of small doll eyes
- Embroidery Thread
- A Handfull of Stuffing
- Trim Scraps
1. Cut a gingerbread man figure out of a doubled square of black felt.
2. Sew the two right sides together, leaving an opening between the legs and turn inside
3. Insert and secure doll eyes.
4. Stuff with batting.
5. Cut out a mouth & heart out of some scrap felt.
6. Pin cutouts to the body of the doll
7. Adhere trim and/or embellishment to head of doll.
8. Topstich with embroidery thread
…Then find your Pickannini a good home by giving your creation to someone that you Love! Happy Valentine’s Day!!
© Adah Glenn