I have recently discovered the exotic beauty & taste of browned butter! I could go on & on about how I am gonna be browning butter to extract all those nutty aromatic flavor for all of my cooking, not just limited to baking.
Browned Butter Coffee Cake
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 3 cups of flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups of yogurt
- Browned Butter Icing
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat until it is brown & fragrant. Cool
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl add pecans, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the browned butter. Mix together until crumbly; set aside
- Comine the dry ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining butter and brown sugar until fluffy; adding eggs one @ a time.
- Stir in vanillla. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to butter mixture.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased tube pan, sprinkle filling and then pour the reamining batter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for an hour or until done.
Browned Butter Icing:
Mix the 2 tablespoons of reserved browned butter, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cooled coffee in a small bowl and stir until smooth enough to drizzle.
It’s delicious served warm. I know your family & friends will love it as much as mine did! 😀 Enjoy
© Adah Glenn
Leave a Reply